Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fresh-Faced

Tonight I did a shopping trip/lesson with one of my colleagues from my day gig. I've been offering people a whole constellation of beauty services lately. People will show up with their entire makeup collection feeling like they have no idea what to do with any of it anymore. I sort it with them and toss the old/dated/useless stuff so we can see what they actually have. It's a purge that helps people make sense of their makeup collection, so that it can be fun again. If needed, we take a trip to the counter where I help them select new products and brushes to supplement what they have, or help them start from scratch. After that we typically do a lesson where I teach them to use the new tools and product. It's all part of demystifying color and technique so that each person can feel like they know how to maximize their features. MAKEUP SHOULD NEVER BE A DRAG. If it is, call me. I can help.

Tonight, my colleague went for the full spectrum of services. We cleaned out her bag, went shopping and did a lesson. She has beautiful skin and bone structure. I wanted to make her skin appear as fresh and bright as possible. We decided that well-placed, buffed concealer could be a new alternative to coffee for looking awake. She prefers a subtle touch when it comes to color so I used soft gold and pink tones to bring out the blue in her hazel eyes and define her amazing cheekbones. When we finished she was impressed by how great her skin looked and how well-rested she appeared.

2 comments:

  1. See this is what I need, I need to throw out what I own, buy new, and learn how to use it. I prefer a fresh faced look and would like to highlight my eyes more but have always only worn mascarra and nothing else on my eyes. Why don't you help me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer--shoot me an email, katethed@gmail.com and we can discuss.

    ReplyDelete